Monday, May 25, 2009

Dyahe


Dyahe

Very few days from now, classes will be resumed. I feel a little bit pressure. After long years of studying at school, now is the only time that I feel so much fed-up. Only now is the worst pressure I feel considering the fact that I’m about to graduate college very soon. I’m about to leave my Alma matter but still, I could not totally separate myself from the boundary of bourgeois education which have molded me all through my life. It’s because I’ll become a teacher. This time, I’ll be the one who will mold the minds of my students who’ll be professionals, leaders of the country or ominously, out-of-school youth in the future brought by the continuous tuition increase or commercialization, privatization, and rationalization of many state universities. Whoever they would be in the future, I would never be fed-up of awakening their minds to the reality of the society. My mission as an educator remains purposive—to arouse, organize, and mobilize them.
Though class hasn’t started yet, I could already foresee my usual daily routines—how I waste my time with my classmates listening to loud sermons of our terror adviser who seems to see herself a saint and doing more sermons than lessons to her subject, preparing myself early in the morning for school and fight my intense stress due to heavy traffic (if I’ll be late from her, she’ll not accept me to come to her class unless I’ll beg her in her office with a valid reason), getting bombarded with tons of paper works, teaching demonstrations or reports, series of group works, compendium (authorizing an own book), thesis or projects, and, of course quizzes and examinations will always be there. Despite the fact that I still have so many significant works aside from academic matters, it is indeed, a stressful one. Sometimes I think that if there is only a permitted course for those certain area of works (those that don't concern my present academic course/majorship), I’ve already shifted into it.
Nevertheless, I couldn't wait any longer for my off-campus next semester. It’s not because of the probable tension that my final-blown teaching demonstration in a real classroom setting might bring me; but, what excites me the most is the total exposure to the real world of educators like me and to the different irregularities in the plight of education that the government couldn't hide and should give an immediate action(not just a bond-aid solution).
Few months from now, I’ll be graduating college. However, it doesn’t matter to me how high my grades are, how prestigious my awards will be, or how many times my name will be mentioned and remembered by the community of my alma matter because of my enviable honorable rank. All those things will never measure the real meaning of “excellence” but it could be measured on how you are willing to risk everything for yourself to acquire the genuine award which is not only yours but also for the people as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment